Budget 2018 – The Key Points
The big take-away from Monday’s budget was the Chancellor’s ‘end of austerity’ claim. Leaving the political squabbling aside regarding public spending…
Outlined below are the key issues affecting recruiters and other businesses.
- National Living Wage is set to increase from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour from April 2019.
- Extending ‘IR35’ Reforms, from the public sector to medium and large private companies, from 2020.
- Apprenticeship Levy contributions reduced to 5% for small businesses
- Cutting business rates by a third for small retailers
- Jobs outlook –800,000 more jobs forecast by 2022